Roses for Remembrance - PPA43


This week's Pals Paper Arts challenge is a Memorial Day theme challenge.  When I think of Memorial Day, I think red, white, and blue - and roses for remembrance.  I've had Julie Wiliams' blog tutorial for making paper roses bookmarked for a long time and thought making a paper rose for this challenge would be perfect!  You can find Julie's tutorial on her blog here.

I also successfully created a "stay put bow", and I love how easy it is once you get it right!  You can find the video for the "stay put bow" here.

A couple more things to point out on this card - I used the Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch to create the leaves for the rose.  I also sponged the edges of the rose petals as well as the Whisper White layer with Real Red classic ink.

Thanks for visiting today!

Stamp Sets Define Your Life
Ink Real Red, Night of Navy
Paper Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Patterns Pack DSP III (Hostess Level 1)
Accessories Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Clear Rhinestone Brads, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, Night of Navy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop-A-Dile, 1/16" Circle Punch, Stamping Sponges

Labels: